Mysore Bonda., yet another geographical identification of this beautiful city.! It’s spicy, it’s tangy and it’s easy. Quick snack for a cold winter’s evening with a cup of tea or to serve your guests.
You will need:
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp – optional
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- 3-4 green chilies – as per your taste – finely chopped
- Freshly grated ginger and garlic – 1 tbsp combined
- Yogurt/Curd – preferably sour yogurt
- salt as per your taste
- Oil for deep frying
In a deep mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except yogurt, and mix well. Slowly incorporate yogurt to get a thick batter, mix well and keep an eye for lumps. The batter should be of that consistency that it should fall off a spoon without being pushed. You could also add finely chopped onions.
Keep the oil heated by now on medium flame. Either with your hands or with a teaspoon, slowly drop the batter and fry them until golden brown. And its done.!