Because Jalapenos are so awesome.!!
Enjoy this simple recipe which can tick your taste buds.
You will need,
- 5-6 Jalapenos
- 3/4th cup of Fried Grams or Roasted Grams (if you know Kannada, it’s Kadale Poppu)
- 1.5 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 0.5 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Handful of Coriander Leaves
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- Salt as per taste
1. Wash the jalapenos and wipe it dry with a tissue or towel.
2. Now for the filling, take the ingredients 2 to 7 and dry grind it. Make sure to wash and dry the chilies and coriander leaves. You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients depending on the number of jalapenos you have to fill. You’ll get a mixture like this.
3. Cut the jalapenos on one side from end to end, not cutting the ends off and fill in this dry mixture. If you wish to, you could remove the seeds from inside the jalapenos.
4. Steam it with a steamer for about 25-30 minutes on low. (if you have a pressure cooker, you can steam it with it without covering the lid of the bowl which you are placing the jalapenos)
5. Tamper some mustard seeds and lightly sauté the steamed jalapenos.
This is it… Enjoy it with rice or roti or just like that with tea.!!